Google Analytics

Sunday 24 February 2013

Dankung "The Cougar" Slingshot/Catapult by Jorg Sprave

Dankung "The Cougar" Review

03a59597e076577d34fcf12006199c84_image_450x600I came across Jorg Sprave by his youtube channel. On there i found out that he had released a slingshot that was designed by him - "The Cougar"

I went to the Dankung website and ordered one of these to test/review. My first impressions are that it is really well built, but the bands looked the total opposite. They looked weak and flimsy.

After firing a couple of shots throught the Slingshot, I encountered my first problem - either the bands are to thin or the slots in the frame are too wide. Personally I find that the slots are a bit wide for Dankung bands. An easy way to bypass this problem, is to use flatbands such as Theraband.

I also think that the frame is a bit oversized. I don't have small hands but I did find the frame to be a bit on the large side to be comfortable.

With flatbands or wider Dankung tubes, the slingshot shoots really well.

Conclusion

The Slingshot is really well built and shoots really well with flatbands or larger tubes, but i suggest you buy this Slingshot if you have larger hands, and that you don't mind using flatbands with it. Also I find that the slingshot is quite heavy, so if you don't mind carrying the extra weight you'll be happy with your purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment